Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The World Needs Sophia Webster



 I'm not going to totally get into why I stopped blogging for as long as I did, but I will say that the failure of my own line had something to do with it. I can't explain to you the feeling of getting your own shoe line, and being SO excited about it, only to have it taken away from you. It was devastating and to be honest, a little embarrassing.

 Those of you who followed my blog before know that I loved making girly fun shoes. Working with Betsey Johnson as her shoe designer was one of the best experiences of my life. It was a perfect fit! I got to make shoes with flowers and bows and over the top cuteness, and I was so happy doing that. Then working with Gwen Stefani and launching the Harajuku Lovers line was equally amazing. They were fun and young and totally playful.

 When I launched Cece L'amour it was during one of the hardest times of my life and I think that unfortunately, that showed in my design. I think I gathered momentum though, with the following seasons. I designed some really fun shoes that I truly loved, but maybe it was too late? Maybe it's the fault of bad timing? The shoe industry is changing a lot, and quickly. Launching a new line is always tough but it was especially tough a couple years ago. Whatever the reason, the line is currently "on hold" and it saddens me to think that there is a serious lack of fun girly shoes out there.

...But then the clouds part. Enter Sophia Webster.
I am obsessed with her fun and quirky over the top girly design esthetic! She's doing what I wish I could do. She's a 28 year old Brit who apprenticed under Nicolas Kirkwood for 2 years before launching her own line in 2012. I adore her shoes and I think it's a much needed change from a lot of the same old stuff out there.

Here are some of my favorites

I mean... SO cute, right?! I love them! And that cute little cluch!? Adorable. 
Unfortunately they're pretty expensive with shoes starting at about $195, but since she's still relatively unknown, you can find them on sale if you search online :) Plus, they're literally works of art and so unique that I think the price is justifiable. 

Maybe someday not too far away I'll be able to make girly, fun shoes at affordable prices again. If you're interested, Heels.com still has a few Cece L'amour styles, including my favorite wedges :) Amazon.com does as well. Check 'um out! I've linked the pages for you.

XOXO




Filled Under: